Saturday 21 February 2015

The Librarians - TV Show [TNT]


It is my dream to have a huge library with lots of books of all kinds just covering the walls one day. A place where I can just sit/sleep/live and read all the days of my life and just exist, that would be pretty interesting don’t you think. So when I came across this TV series about a ‘infinite’ library that housed all sorts of history and artefacts as well as books and all sorts of other stuffs I always thought was just in my imagination I won’t lie, I was excited.


I began watching The Librarians with a slightly high expectation and I won’t say I was disappointed to find a show that delivered an Indiana Jones-like vibe as it took a bunch of academics with their standard government official bodyguard and took them on various adventures. It’s the kind of show that reminds you of the games you played when you were little children in the backyard as you hunted for treasure with you friends or cousins as you played explorer.


It’s a nostalgic feeling as you watch the story which is also surprisingly good plot-wise as they keep it simple and draw you in with the fantastical reality that magic exists underneath the world we know.


I like the different characters, though I feel they could probably be fleshed out just a bit more as they feel a slightly predictable, but given the good acting I can let it slide just a little and enjoy them for now.


What I also like is that this series is based off of an old movie series and they actually kept the main guy! For me that wins a lot of points as it adds some authenticity to the show.


There are some things I do find that are kind of corny about the show, like the exaggerated fighting scenes, but I guess that’s some of the appeal of the brand that I also kind of like. It’s a win-lose kind of thing, depending on the mood.


All in all, it’s a good old adventure TV show to watch on a lazy afternoon. Some take to it, while some will whine for something more hi-tech and better. But I think we need shows like this, I mean without corny loveable shows like this I feel we lose something inside, don’t you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment