Tuesday 17 February 2015

Hot Young Bloods - KMovie


I decided to watch this purely because it had the one lead actor Lee Jong-Suk in it and based on the dramas I have watched and am watching with him in it I have high expectations all around. Attractive appeal aside he actually has some decent acting ability when it comes to playing his character and though I am beginning to sense a certain type of character that he always does tend to play I still find it worthwhile as the storylines he is associated with are always intriguing.


Hot Young Bloods is an interesting love story set in what I believe is the 1980’s. The set work is well down and the attitude by the supporting actors is on point. The overall feel of the story is pretty old school so that was a pretty novel experience. 


However, as old school as everything felt it was interesting to see that the language wasn’t so clean cut as the TV of old school used to be censored as the actors let loose a string of intriguing words every so now and then teaching me a few things in Korean I’m sure any language teacher would cringe away from teaching me. I loved every minute of it!


But the language wasn’t the only rough thing in this supposed romance as gang fights were key plot points in how the story moved as one of the female leads who is actually the leader of her own gang falls for the school playboy who goes out of his way to woo every girl except her.


It’s interesting to see how the delinquent queen pines over the playboy especially after a new arrival comes and creates further frustration for her. 

Admittedly there are some slow points every now and then where the story drags but there is always a quick gang fight to stir things up and get the story back on track as it moves to an interesting end.

No comments:

Post a Comment