Wednesday 11 February 2015

Nanatsu no Taizai - Anime


I went into watching this with no expectations really, well maybe just one if I had to be really honest and that was that it had something to do with the premise of the seven ‘deadly’ sins. Now as I am a fan of the Full Metal Alchemist I guess you could say I didn’t pass this anime by too quickly as I was browsing my new intake of shows that recently were released and acquired and I can say happily that I was not disappointed.


The anime follows the adventures of a princess who goes looking for our heroes who are initially painted as the enemy as the story is introduced but as things move along we see how this isn’t the case as the princess first encounters the leader of our bandit of thieves who were branded as the deadly sins and finds a care free child-like boy who saves her from being captured by the real bad guys. Albeit a perverted character the happy-go-lucky leader of the deadly sins agrees to help the princess as he is moved by her sincerity as well as having business with his former warrior buddies and off they go.


The plot leaves for many things to be anticipated and the storyline is quite rich with interesting character development when it comes to each of the sins and their backstory and I must say I love the way it is executed.

The mixture of different races leaves you continually questioning what each character is and though frustrating, I admit it is a bit exciting, especially when the reveal is key to the storyline and how things come together.


So would I recommend this to another human beings, yes I think I would. It’s great fun and the story is easy to get into with not much dragging along the way like most things get milked these days and the main character keeps you entertained in both his perverted ways and his happy care-free persona. It’s definitely a good break from all the modern-era anime worlds as it dives into what feels like the middle ages and goes from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment