Wednesday 25 February 2015

Pinocchio - KDrama


This drama won me over with its cast, so there’s no denying I had high expectations for it from the get go and all I can say is… wow. Not only did this drama deliver on plot and visual appeal, but it delivered on the feel factor tenfold as well as with an ending I can live with and possibly re-watch once I have hypnotized myself into forgetting this series and watching it all over again.


Pinocchio is a drama that I hesitate to call a romance drama as it puts the romance in the backseat and focuses on the lead character’s journey to find the truth and ultimately what it takes to bring out the truth as it dives into the world of journalism and reporting.


It gives us the behind the scenes look at how those people live and work to bring us the news every day and what they go through and I have to admit it is an interesting and entertaining world to view through the eyes of the characters, especially our main female lead who suffers from a fictional disease and is thus unable to lie.


The drama gives up a rich plot with in depth twists and turns that have you falling for even the side characters and villains. It was quite an interesting treat for me when I realized I was actually starting to care just a tiny bit for the one villain near the end whereas I would have gladly burned them at the stake eight episodes into the drama. It’s the kind of character development I live to observe and it’s done so subtly.


The pacing of the show is pretty interesting too as it seems to move at first too slowly then suddenly too quickly, but still manage to pull off the standard 20 episodes of most dramas. But I still found myself captivated by the good acting and chemistry between the lead actors as well as the comedy executed by the other supporting actors who made it very hard to not like their quirky performances.


All round this was a very good drama, hands down. If it didn’t win some kind of award I would be astonished and disappointed. I loved it, actors, plot and all and I would highly recommend it for anyone else, new to the Korean world or not!

Alternate reasons to watch >.<!

No comments:

Post a Comment