Tuesday 12 May 2015

Sensory Couple - KDrama


My recent Korean drama fix has me fixated with an interesting brand of serial killer which functions in a pretty intriguing way as he evades capture from the police as he goes about his killings while a single witness exists close to him that could bring him down, except she doesn’t yet know she’s the only witness…


I’ll admit it wasn’t the initial reason I started watching the drama. Though I was drawn to the drama by the promise of mystery, it was the fantastical element that caught my eye with the lead female’s ability to see smells that hooked me first.


As the main story goes, a young teen walks in on the abduction of her parents by a notorious serial killer. Despite her shock she is able to escape and runs away, but in the process gets into a car accident that leaves her in a coma. 


When the girl wakes from the coma a few weeks later all her memories from before the accident are gone and the colour of one of her eyes has changed. We soon learn it is the changed eye that enables our lead with the ability to see smells in various colours. 


The drama really kicks off a few years after the accident has occurred and our young teen has grown up and moved on to live a seemingly normal life in a comedy troupe. But due to some circumstances destiny comes knocking and leads her to cross paths with a certain police officer who desperately wants to make detective.


Our male lead is portrayed as a ‘senseless’ man in the literal sense. We quickly learn that he is an odd man who doesn’t quite function as the average person, something that doesn’t help with his standoffish character that puts others off from liking him. We also learn that our policeman is connected to our female lead through a very unfortunate case where his sister, who was in a minor car accident a few years ago, was mistaken for someone else and was murdered in their place.


When the two main leads meet it’s an interesting chemistry to witness and it definitely works in my opinion. It’s hilarious and easy to watch. 


Although I understand the whole idea of the romance undertone to everything, I’m glad to see the drama keep some attention to the mystery and drama of the serial killer and the investigation because I must be honest and say that my interest is largely moving more towards that instead of the couple antics.


I especially like the involvement of the other characters as they investigate the serial killer. The banter makes for interesting side chatter as they try to move the plot along. 


This is really a good drama that fell before me and I’m quite excited to see how it all plays out with the ‘Barcode Serial Killer’ and how they plan to have our poor lead female find her memories. I imagine it will be quite a rough ride when the couple discovers their unfortunate connection in the past. Either way I’m sure I won’t regret watching this drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment