Thursday 7 May 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Movie


Excitement for a thing can sometimes be overrated. It’s an unfortunate reality that happens sometimes and in the case of going to watch the latest Avengers movie, I think this was one of those times, as much as it pains me to say it. Going with a rather large group you would think there would have been enough excitement to overshadow any possible plot short comings that the movie would throw at you but surprisingly that doesn’t seem to be the case. Or maybe there were too many trailers for this movie that gave away key plot points that made the overall experience seem rehashed? I don’t know….


In any case I can’t argue that the movie didn’t deliver in terms of action and pretty awesome cinematography, because it did. Plus there were some really enjoyable comedic scenes that were shared between the characters that had me smiling as you watched cute banter that highlighted their different personalities. 


The fights were also okay, I guess. They tickled my action-loving bone and squeezed my hero-obsessed heart, but I can’t deny feeling like something was still missing throughout the movie. But maybe I’m just full of too much expectation when it comes to the sequels of stuff.

The plot wasn’t too bad, though I feel not much focus was given to it as the movie strayed to the focus of some personal details of our avenger’s personal lives. I’m sure there was some reason to this, but I didn’t see it clear enough to care for it much.


What was interesting was where the movie seemed to be heading as it concluded. It was like an opening for a whole new line of hero movies to be excited for as it introduced the new players in the game. I’m very curious to see how that turns out, simply because the world can never have too many hero movies, well at least in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment