Monday 31 August 2015

Killjoys - TV Show [Syfy]


Cowboys in space… somewhere I heard or read it being called that and truthfully I might almost agree with it, except I don’t know much about cowboys other than that they ride bulls and wear brimmed hats and carry pistols. Yes, my knowledge about ends there. Still would I call Killjoys something close to space cowboys, maybe…?


The TV show has gotten me into the idea that a lawless space town might be interesting to live in though. The show follows a group of bounty hunters who fly through space looking for convicted felons to bring back to what they call the R.A.C and they do it with style.


But that’s not all they do as they also complete other missions like delivery and other miscellaneous tasks that have them forced into some sticky situations. But lucky for our group they aren’t an ordinary bunch as you find a trained assassin, an ex-soldier and his techie brother on board and together they are capable of almost doing any job that comes their way.


The show is pretty cool when it comes to the overall feel of it. It has some kickass action scenes and epic technology displayed for your viewing pleasure as it takes you on a ride through its rough universe that has clearly seen some better centuries.


The acting could be better, but it’s not horrendous and the female lead is gorgeous so I doubt many would complain, especially when the people behind the show seem to find almost any reason to get her to take her clothes off.


The character development is choppy as well as the storyline but the kinks can almost be forgiven when looking at the cinematography and the growth of the characters as each of the actors get more comfortable in their roles.


Overall, I can say I like the show, but I can see a potential chance of it being cancelled after maybe a season or two. I would hope not, but who knows, right? Maybe I’m wrong, I hope I am but I guess we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment