Friday 6 March 2015

Assassin Classroom - Anime


Being random is okay. Japan has proven this, over and over again. As I watched this anime I was hit with many realizations of how random Japan can sometimes be and that’s okay.


Assassin classroom is one random anime that I’m glad I stumbled upon in the batch of happiness that I was given recently. It strays out the box of normal story telling as it follows a strange string of events that have you watch a bunch of supposedly below average students try to assassinate their teacher while still passing midterms. 


The catch of course becomes interesting as their teacher turns out to be a strange entity that has just recently destroyed a large portion of the moon and has promised to do the same to the earth in a year’s time.


So it becomes pretty obvious why the assassination needs to happen as governments and the like rush to find ways to stop the unknown entity from doing any more damage than it already has whereas the story seems to lie in the fact that our strange entity delays any immediate action as he becomes the teacher to the unsuspecting outcast students of Kunugigaoka Junior High School.


I like the seemingly randomness of the show as it slowly all comes together in the background. It has a unique plot and quite an interesting set of characters that each teaches some or other lesson. I especially love the ending song ‘Hello, shooting star’ by Moumoon. (translation: courtesy of Vanilla Milk)


P.S. I just discovered there’s a live action coming out! Definitely excited to see that!

No comments:

Post a Comment