Monday 23 November 2015

Minority Report - TV Show [FOX]


People are predictable. If they find things that are awesome they must exploit it. This is just the way of things. But should all things be exploited? That is the question that plagues me as I watched a few episodes of a recent series that was based off a pretty cool movie from back in the day.


Don’t get me wrong the series, Minority Report, is pretty cool. The effects and futuristic take on the world is pretty epic and the tech makes me drool, just a teeny tiny bit. But I can’t help but feel like there’s just something missing from the show. And no, it’s not Tom Cruise. Although that would be pretty cool though, wouldn’t it?


Anyway, the show is set farther in the future than its predecessor as it follows the actions of one of the three siblings that powered the ‘hive mind’ that initially created the ‘pre-crime program’. The young boy who was once used as a tool in a machine to find crime has now grown up and become a man who now uses his limited ability to try and do what they once did as he struggles with the idea of doing nothing at all.


Needless to say he runs into a detective who has gotten used to working in a world where ‘pre-crime’ and its workings has become nothing but a myth used as stories to tell to children in museums. Obviously, things get complicated as our precognitive hero tries to explain things to the detective and things get messy as we learn just how limited his abilities are without the help of his siblings, thus leading to various twists and turns that carry the story on.


To be honest I have to say I’m slightly disappointed by this show. It didn’t grip me as much as I hoped it would and my attention wavers as I try to focus on it. All in all, let’s just say it’s not the first show I go to pick when looking for something to watch. Albeit, if I’m out of things to watch and I can’t sleep and have some time to kill, maybe I’ll consider it then…

Got to love the tech tho! >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment